Dance Master's of Michigan
Once again, Ali is a 'Dazzling Star' this year. She's taking five dance classes (tap, jazz, ballet, tumbling and dazzling stars). She opted not to take a 'turns' class. She is going to be dropping tap and tumbling class once softball starts (because softball games fall on the day that she does tap and tumbling). I know that the time for her to choose between dance and sport is coming but I'm glad (for this year) she doesn't have to choose.
This weekend we traveled to Lansing with Al's friend Amber and her mom for a Dance Master's convention. The older girls danced for scholarship while the younger girls got classes. The first day, the girls had a blast! Ali really came out of her shell (and talked NON-STOP) on the way to Lansing. We didn't stay the night (but will next year). We told the girls we would stop at a restaurant (they chose a Coney Island) to get dinner and of course~ desserts!
After a long first day (and drive), what did Ali do when she got home... DANCE! She wanted me to do 'Zumba' with her but I was too tired from the drive. The next day, Ali had four classes and so we drove back again. She was really excited because one of the teachers noticed her doing a great job and gave her a special pin! She was glowing and says she is DEFINITELY coming back next year (sorry dad... I know you sooo want her to be a ball player...).
As I mentioned, the convention was in Lansing which also happens to be the home of the Spartans. My day would be pleased that when we stopped to get something to eat today, Ali colored her kids' menu in the 'right' colors! I got a kick out of this. She couldn't understand why everything was for 'state'~ it was pretty cute!
While the girls were dancing, Amber's mom (Julia) and I walked around. We checked out where the Lugnuts played and walked around the capital! I don't remember ever being there!! It was fun and we couldn't wait for the girls to get out so we could walk around with them!
When they were out of class, they were wired! We grabbed some food and some sugar! I learned that Ali not only 'spoke' in front of Amber but also talked to other girls (which I was thrilled about). Ali is an 'all-business girl' and quite serious, so it was nice to see her 'let her hair down.'
Ali has been learning "Michigan History" so enjoyed checking out the capital. We met a nice police officer who told us of all the upcoming events in the capital (but of course we won't be coming back any time soon)... Ali and Amber read all the signs around the capital. These girls are readers for sure!!
While we were there, we learned that a major storm was on it's way, so we didn't stay too long. We ran into another dance family from our studio who told us that the Michigan State Union has the BEST ice cream but we decided it was best to just get on the road! Maybe next year...
We made it home before the storm and didn't get lost once (thank goodness for smart-phones and GPS!). I can't wait to see what this year has in store for Ali. She was moved up in ballet and has really enjoyed that too. When she was first moved up she told me, "You know... it was hard! I was sweating buckets.... without any drips or anything." I love my girl!! And I love watching her happy!

Five dance classes??? That conventions sounds like a nice trip. Also visiting the capital was cool too. Glad you missed the storm. Love the video and the giggles......
ReplyDeleteWhat a super star!!! I absolutely love watching Ali dance...she has such talent and she's so graceful! Love, love, love this post and love, love, love my god daughter!!! :)
ReplyDelete