Sean's First Day of Pre K
Sean had his first day of school a day after the rest of us. My dad came early (he comes on Wednesdays to get kids on the bus) because we never know what "Sean" will greet us in the morning. I had been wondering how the first day would go. Sean is quite the Mama's Boy, perhaps even more so than the other two boys (may be his age?). He always needs a cuddle or sugar (kisses) and 9 times out of 10 Jeff and I find him sleeping between us when we wake up. Reminds me of the early days when Pele' used to do that and we'd wonder how we'd sleep through someone new in our bed.
To my surprise (and delight), Sean got into the car eagerly. It did help that I promised to let him play with my phone on the drive. When we got there though he happily handed me my phone and went to school. I tried really hard to get him to stop and smile so I could get a first day picture but the only picture he did this for was the one with his lunch box in front of his face... oh well.
Taking him to his classroom, and then leaving him, was just as easy. He saw Miss Ronna (Ronda) and Miss Kennal (Kendal), found some blocks and started playing happily. I was so thrilled! I was able to get to my school in time to get some things done and not have the echo of his cries in my ears (nice!).
When I picked him up we chatted the whole way home about his day. I learned that it was Miss Ronna's birthday and they sang to her. I learned he made a puddle (don't worry... the mud variety) outside. I learned he said, "Dear God." And I learned that he LOVES Miss Kennal (though I already knew that). What a difference a few short months makes. I still can't believe that he'll be four next month but he sure is seeming a lot older in recent weeks...

So glad it went so well for you and him. He looks so grown up with his haircut!
ReplyDelete