Joe's Party


 Joe was so excited for his birthday party this year.  He opted to pass on the big friend party and instead wanted to invite just his two best friends over for a sleepover.  We've nixed sleepovers in general (which has made it easy for us since we don't always know our kids' friends' parents well), but we've OK'd sleepovers for birthday parties.  Joe was so excited for his friends to arrive.  He stared at the clock for what felt like forever.  When his friends arrived, they were all so excited.  They flew up to Joe's room and played.  I got each boy a little Lego Chima to make which was fun for them.
 Zach wanted to chum with the boys but stayed away for a bit.  Ali said she wanted nothing to do with them, but I found it interesting where she chose to read her book as the boys played in Joe's room.  Joe recently told me another of his friends has a crush on his sister!  I guess this is one of the downfalls of having two kids so close in age.
As the boys played (and Ali read), Sean decided to help me and put the candles on Joe's (3rd) cake. I then went up to ask everyone if they were ready for cake and ice cream.  When I got down, I noticed Sean had helped himself to some of the frosting.
 Of course the evidence of Sean's crime was also all over his face!  I ended up cutting the kids pieces from the side that didn't have Sean's fingerprints.  I knew that Jeff would eat that side (and actually that our kids wouldn't turn that side of the cake away the next day).  Jeff had practice at church so I was solo for a while with all the kiddos!
The kids ate pizza and cake with me, but other than that, I didn't see them. They were off and playing!  They would play some Skylanders, then would watch a bit of a movie, then pause the movie for a pillow fight, then pause the fight for more of the movie and so on. It was an easy night for me!  It was a loud house, but a fun house and I know Joe will never forget how he spent his 10th birthday!



They were up LATE and woke early!  Conner and Ali both had soccer games the next morning.  Jeff made chocolate chip pancakes and the boys' parents came shortly after breakfast.  After Brennan left, we were in the car on our way to Al's game.
I am so happy that Joe had such a great time and the boys had fun too.  As for me... I could have used a nap (but sleep???  What's that??).

Comments

  1. Looks like a fun party and having a few friends come over was a great idea. Ali may have said she wanted nothing to do with them but girls will be girls and it's pretty common for the older brother friends to have a crush on his sister......and so it begins!!! Just have to laugh at Sean, he is so determined.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!