Zachisms... It's been a while.


The thing about Goosie, is he can be a pretty serious kid and very dramatic.  Ali knows how to push his every button and there are times when I feel like screaming.  Z got the nick-name "The Goose" because he's a Silly Goose and makes us laugh.  Nine times out of ten though his intentional jokes bomb (or Jeff and I just start laughing because they make absolutely no sense). 
"Knock, knock"
"Who's There?"
"Tree"
"Tree Who?
"There's a tree out my window?  Get it? Cause I see a tree over there."
(Crickets Chirping)
"Get it?"
And we don't. But it's his laughter that gets us laughing and of course our regularly everyday conversations with him.


After a busy day (after-school meeting, Ali game, Z practice, Joe practice, homework, baths and showers), I was laying in Z's bed as he read to me and we chatted about his day.  I asked him if he had any loose teeth yet, to which he replied he hadn't. I figured he'd tell me when he had, but I found myself staring at that sweet smile of his and for some reason, just felt like asking.


He told me he had a friend who had a loose tooth though.  
"His name is Johnafin. It's loose and he's afraid to pull it out.  I told him though that I have a friend that can take care of it for him and likes to pull out teeth. He's a good friend and good at pulling them out."
"Who do you know that pulls out teeth?"
"You know, my friend."
And after a long time searching my brain for who he might be talking about I said, "Are you talking about Dr. Sorscher?" (our dentist)
Looking at me like I'm crazy, "Um... Ya! Who else pulls out teeth!?"


And there you have it... Little things like that that so often I forget to document that get swallowed up in the busy-ness of the day and get buried under other things, unless I choose to take a moment (like now) to write it down. After all, I know the Zachisms will one day be long gone, but my love of that adorable dimple and sweet soul will always remain. 

Comments

  1. He is just the cutest and his eyes/expressions just make me smile! Duh...who else but a dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Debby! thanks for the comment! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!