Ali's Got Talent!
Ali Jane took part in her first elementary
She was to perform her 'act' for the talent show the next day at the end of school for the student body so I told her to just rest and sleep and that Nana would bring her to school when she woke up and had some food on her tummy (thanks mom!). Well, it didn't go quite that smoothly. Ali was REALLY wiped out- didn't want to eat ANYTHING and at 2:00 was STILL sleeping!! I didn't know quite what to do and it was hard to focus on my little first graders when my mind was fixed on my second grader and her cute little friend. I thought~ will I be the worst mom ever for having her miss something she had been working on for so long (not to mention letting her sweet little friend down) or... will I be the worst mom ever for having her go and perhaps puke all over the place! (Ugh)
Ali and Natalie choreographed their own act for the Talent Show and had worked on it for over a month. Natalie is a gymnast and Al a dancer/ ball player and between their schedules it could be hard to get together, but the girls practiced on recess and also at our house. I was really impressed with what they came up with and LOVED that they did it all on their own. I kept thinking about poor Natalie (who was probably so worried wondering if Al would show) and poor Al (who had looked so forward to this day). I decided to have my mom wake her up and she brought her to school without a moment to lose. Even though she still looked tired and pale and didn't really want to go, I got an email from her teacher that she did fantastic and by the time I got home she had eaten and seemed back to her normal self!
The gym (where the evening show took place) was PACKED. It was just Joe and I that made the show because Z had a game and Jeff had practice (he was leading worship on Sunday) so again my mom saved the day by taking the Littles so I could make the show. Joe sat up with the students in the front with my phone so he could videotape. He LOVED the entire show and talked about all the acts. He did tape his sister (though sideways at times) but I loved listening to him talking to another buddy about her. Though I left with a huge headache (either from the noise or from a day/night of worrying about the show) I was so glad that we made it! Great job, Ladies!
A video of Ali and Natalie practicing and the actual show.
Ali is already talking about what she's doing for next year's show... who will be in it... what the song will be... But I think that perhaps she should do a "Hooping" act. She shared these mad skills with me after her softball game tonight.

Fantastic job, ladies!
ReplyDeleteAl has such poise. She really carries herself like a dancer - love it!!
Ah Thanks Amy!! She LOVES dancing so much!! <3
DeleteI'm so glad it all worked out for her and your mom is so awesome!
ReplyDelete