Mother's Day

Mother's Day is always so bitter sweet for me.  I try not to make it this way, but it always seems to be that way (or maybe it's just me waking up on the wrong side of the bed).  Again this year, Jeff had to lead worship at church so he was gone early and I was on my own to get the fabulous four fed, dressed and to church on time.  Jeff's mom was able to come down and join us so I wanted to get ready a little earlier than usual (which amazingly, I managed).
We met my folks at church where my dad brought all us moms (My mom, Jeff's mom and me) flowers.  My dad is a C, E & M Christian (the M being for Mother's Day) after his Uber-Catholic upbringing. Church was nice.  I loved the sermon and was moved by the music.  I always tend to cry on Mother's Day and I hate that a little.  I am so blessed to overflowing~ to want one (or two) more things seems so selfish and yet I think about those two babies that are not with me.
After church we headed to my parents' (seeing we have no kitchen) and were joined by my brother and his wife and kids.  The boys cooked us brunch and we had a wonderful time.  I love my mother-in-law and it was so nice to be able to spend time with her.  My brother also picked up my Nan which was wonderful.
I don't know if I should write this... but I will anyway.  For a few weeks I had heard about the book "Fifty Shades of Grey" being a wonderful and ladies at the ball fields were talking about how even their mothers were in love with the books... so.... in addition to some nice potted flowers, I got both moms a copy of the book.  I felt fine doing that seeing that I hadn't read a page (though I am hoping to read them when school gets out).  My mom later told me that I should be so embarrassed for buying them that book (but I should also mention she did go out and get the other two books in the series).
As for gifts from my children, it was sweet, and heartwarming and wonderful.  The handmade gifts always tend to turn my day around and get me to focus not on my angels with wings but my angels with legs (which is how it should be I suppose).  At the end of the day no matter how tired or stressed I am, I know that I am fully blessed to be a mother (especially to the amazing kids that call me theirs').
Four Generations of Women
Moe-Jonasen-Drapal-Doran

A Gift from Joe (there is a pretty picture on the other side). The Birthday part choked me up since I am never there in the morning because I am at Andrew's Garden.

A Gift from the Goose! 

A Gift from Seany

A gift from Ali.
She is now my favorite child~ seeing she thinks I weigh 50 lbs!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a very nice Mother's Day. ((HUGS))
    I have heard of that book but don't know the story line at all. I will google it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!