Maddy's Princess
I had been looking forward to my niece Maddy's 3rd birthday for a while. I remember when Ali turned three, her Auntie Jodi and Eric took her to make her very own Build-a-Bear! It was such fun and she still loves "Ruby" (which of course I did a blog about way back when she was three!). Ali made another bear (named Natalie) at her friend Natalie's birthday party and those bears have really been favorites for her. The experience of making the bears is what is the best. Steph was originally going to come and we were going to make it a girl's day but she had to work out of town so my mom came and snapped pictures which was wonderful because of course I had to document the day.
When we got to Build-a-Bear Maddy found a pink bear that she wanted almost immediately. There was a bit of a line, so my mom kept our place while the girls and I shopped for the perfect outfit for Maddy's bear. She liked just about everything but when we got to the 'princess' dresses she got REALLY excited. She picked out a pink and purple dress and then she wanted ruby red slippers (which is how Al's bear "Ruby" got her name). Al found some purple and pink sparkly shoes and we went nuts over them so Maddy decided her bear had to have them.
The line moved pretty quickly and by the time we rejoined my mom in line it was Maddy's turn. There was a woman who helped her and told her what to do and how to stuff her bear. Maddy put her foot on a pedal that controlled how much stuffing went into her bear. She then chose a heart for her bear, gave it a kiss and put it in her bear.
The woman told her to give the bear a squeeze to make sure it was perfect and Maddy went right into the woman's arms and gave her a huge hug. It was adorable! Then Maddy hugged her bear and we went on to "wash" her (in a pretend tub that blows air), dress her and make a birth certificate for her. When I asked Maddy what she would like to call her bear she said, "Princess!" She kept calling her bear, Princess, which seemed like the perfect name seeing it was a bear for a princess!
After Build-a-Bear we headed over to the Olive Garden. Ali was so good and didn't ask for anything while we were at Build-a-Bear so I let her choose where we would go for dinner. The girls brought their bears and we had a wonderful time. My mom took so many adorable pictures that I had to put them in a video which you can see below.
What a special treat for Maddy and you. My great nieces and nephews are crazy about them.
ReplyDeleteI think they are so cute and have been tempted several times to make my own. I always go into the stores when I see one.
Happy Third Birthday Maddy!