A Good Day with God
| Our Christian Dog... Praying for Sean to drop some food... |
Earlier in the month Jeff and I started taking classes at our church so that we could get a bible and present it to Joe in front of the congregation. While (to be honest) I felt like I knew what the classes covered, it was good to stop, take time and remember what really is number one. With all our other 'kid' stuff, God was 2nd so the classes were really good for us. And so (as per my homework) I scheduled a 'fun night' that we could have with the kids, and spend some time with God.
Of course, there are NO days that we have nothing going on. The least busy day, Jeff still had practice (ironically at church) so he missed it. After Al's practice, we got McDonalds (not the best for us but a super treat for the kids) and we had a picnic lunch in our living room. We talked a lot about God and then we focused on a bible story (the Good Samaritan). The Bigs took turns reading a book about it and then we talked about it and how that old, old story could relate to our lives (their lives) in school and such. It actually was awesome. Z was 'half' there and Sean... well let's face it, he wasn't paying attention at all, but for the Bigs and me it was an amazing moment and my only regret was that Jeff wasn't there to share in it!
Ironically the following Sunday, I locked my keys in my car and so missed church (and Jeff had to go to our 'class' by himself... He was already at church because he was leading worship that day). After a temper tantrum and pity party (by me), I picked myself up and we had 'church' in the house. We sang, prayed and talked about the Lord's Prayer and took it apart. I explained it in kids' language and we actually had a great morning. When we were done, we took a walk down to my Nan's and had a great morning with her. I feel badly that with our hectic schedule I don't see her as much as I used to (not that she remembers, but I do...). We had a wonderful day. Sometimes when things don't go as planned you realize that 'Plan B' was what you needed all along. I am guessing God already knew that. This day was one of those days! Feeling blessed!
I know your busy but it's obvious what a wonderful mom you are. They will remember these crazy times!
ReplyDelete