Ali's Turkey Day Play

A few days before Thanksgiving, Ali Jane's class performed the "ABCs of Thanksgiving" along with a fun song. As I have mentioned before, one of my occupational hazards is that I can rarely (or should I say NEVER) make it to these fun day-time gatherings. Jeff was able to take a half day last year when Joe did the same thing in his class but this year the way the times worked out, there was no way that he could miss school and so we were stuck.And so I did what I always do when I am stuck... I called my mom! She happened to be watching the Littles that day so my dad came over to watch the Littles so she could go up to the school and watch Al and give me a report back. Of course Ali Jane was nothing but business which didn't surprise me in the least. When I first saw the note that came home with her attached lines a few weeks ago (and that Ali was one of a few students who would have two letters), I wasn't surprised to learn that she had already memorized both of her parts and was ready to recite them to us at the dinner table.
And so like Joe last year, I was able to watch Ali Jane's performance via my mom's camera. I cut a few clips of just her lines and a little from the dance that they did and put it on You Tube because while I do love children, I realize that sometimes such things can be a bit lengthy when you don't know all the children... but then again, it may be fun for Ali to come back and look at again when they are all teenagers (which will be in a couple years the way times seems to be flying!)
I know it must be hard not being able to attend those special days but how wonderful that your parents can always help you out. Looks like a really cute performance and Ali did great!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT! Thank you for sharing, Laura :D
ReplyDeleteShe looks so cute in her outfit!
ReplyDelete