The REAL 4th of July


On the actual Fourth of July, we were a bit fire-worked out so didn't mind not seeing any more 'shows'. Ali Jane was back to herself (hopefully her sickness from the night before was just due to something she ate) and so we went over to our friend Ty's house for a barbecue get together complete with good friends, good food and good times!
I had forgotten my camera (I know... SHOCKING!) But thankfully my friend Angie had her's out because there was certainly some blog-worthy events that happened... namely, MY KIDS RODE A FOUR WHEELER! I am not a fan of these types of things (motorcycles and the like) because I am not daring AT ALL! But Ty took each of the kids for a ride and Joe even rode one by himself for a while (and I didn't have that much to drink, I swear!).

Z of course couldn't get enough of the "4 D" (I have no idea why he called it that later). He rode it again and again and I even took him on it (which scared me to death... oh, the things we do for our children). Jeff took him too, but he took one of the hills a little too fast and Z banged his head on the handlebar giving him a nice little scrape which required a band aid and some TLC. It wasn't long before he was coming up though and asking for another ride. He even kept his band aid for a while (with the 'black blood') that he kept showing us next to his bed. Somehow it disappeared in the night... I don't know what happened to it...

Comments

  1. It's always fun to try new things - looks like the kids all loved four wheeling!!! Sounds like it was a great day - glad you all had fun!
    Nana D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine a busier weekend than you had.
    So much fun, that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!