

I never thought I would ever say, "Go Yankees" but I did and I was so happy when they won again, and again and again! Joe had a great season with his baseball team and they only lost one game the entire regular season! Today was their team party/ awards day. Since it happened right during Sean's nap time (his schedule is so messed up in the summer), we were able to drop him at my parents' and just the 5 of us went to the party. It was at a beach on my parents' lake that I have driven by a lot (on the boat) but never actually been to before. The kids loved it, mainly for the slide (I don't think Ali Jane did anything BUT go down the slide again and again and again...)

After an hour or so of playing, the boys came in for a moment to grab some grub. They ate and in no time were back out on the lake having fun. It was a beautiful day, just perfect to spend in the lake. I didn't think they'd be able to get the team OUT of the lake, but when it was time to get their trophies, they came running (which really was no surprise)!

I couldn't believe all of the nice things the boys got! Of course they got their beloved trophy with their name on it but they also got a framed award (named after a famous Yankee and a reason why they earned that particular award), a neat bookmark/ ticket stub with their name on it and a creative memory book (that was also a thank you to the coach) with pictures and a page for each player where they wrote about their favorite part of the season (Joe of course wrote about his first double of the season when he got the game ball). They got other things too (gum, water bottle... etc~ felt a bit like Christmas for them I imagine)

The coach mentioned how much the boys grew this season and I'd have to agree with him. I am still really impressed with how much Joe improved, especially his bat! I'm really looking forward to next season but this isn't the last event where the Yankees will be together. In a few weeks they get to go to a Tiger Game together where they will be the 'featured' Little League team! I can hardly wait... just need to find someone to watch the
Littles (somehow I don't think it will be as enjoyable with them in tow...)

I'm impressed, they did such a wonderful job with all the things he recieved. He will never forget it!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I can't believe all of the cool stuff they got. We had Elek's party today too.
ReplyDelete