Leaving the Firstborns... eventually!


The last thing I expected to be doing tonight was typing on my computer (or even looking at it). Tomorrow we leave for Tennessee and we have been busy cleaning and packing up the car in hopes to leave early and spend more time with dear friends in Knoxville before our final destination. We usually wait to clean until after the kids are in bed because they are the world's best mess makers! Sean's newest thing is opening any cupboard or drawer and throwing all its contents out over his shoulder. Waiting until he was in bed was a necessity (especially when it came to laundry).
I spent a lot of time with Pele' and Cobi tonight including giving them a good brushing with the Furminator in hopes it would help our friend (and wonderful house-sitter) from finding another dog (aka all the fur that is shed in a week). The dog whisperer joined us and also told them how much he loved them. As I type, the dog whisperer, Jeff and the other children (including the firstborns) are fast asleep while I wait for the dryer to stop at 12:30 in the morning. And why in the world would I be doing laundry at 12:30am? Well I wouldn't be... except when I opened my dryer (for what I THOUGHT the last time tonight), my beautiful white whirlpool duet dryer was grey and dirty looking. I began emptying the 'clean' clothes into a basket only to see that I would be doing one more load tonight. It seems one of the kids was coloring with a red and a black crayon and left them in their pocket. And so my night suddenly became longer as I started cleaning red and black wax out of the dryer (and it didn't work so well) and learned a valuable lesson. Next time check pockets BEFORE doing laundry.
So tomorrow we will be off, but I think I see another trip in my future (to the store to by white t-shirts, socks and undies- sigh).

Comments

  1. ohh you drive through chattanooga afterward knoxville come say hi to me!!!!!

    248-30-9938

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picture of the dogs! No hope for the whites and it brings back memories with ink pens. Have fun and drive safely.
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mess!!! Can't believe that happened. I do remember those years well and checking the pockets is a must. I still have some bad loads but it's usually kleenex in my husbands pocket.
    I don't check them!!! Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. Yeah, it took one trip through the wash with a red pen from my husband's pocket to force me to check pockets every time. I've made a lot of money this way also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if it will let me leave this link, but I will try:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4663195_melted-crayon-out-dryers-clothing.html?rnd=47082860783392237583264

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!