

I remember when Jeff and I first started dating going over to his folks' and watching his nieces and nephew have an Easter Egg Hunt. It was such fun then and is even more fun now that we have added so many more cousins to the mix! Poor Joe came down with a fever early Thursday morning and hasn't been able to shake it, but when on medicine he's been practically normal. I was happy that he was taking it easy and didn't mind one bit that he was playing his
DS (and it was so cute watching him share it with his cousins!).

It wasn't long though before he got a burst of energy and was ready to play. Grandma got the
grandkids some fun toys to play with outside. The boys loved these little
nerf rocket things and I loved watching them all run around together and having fun. I am sometimes amazed at how boys play- the sounds they make- I am beginning to think that it is something they are born with!

Even Z held his own and though it took him a little longer to 'reload' his rocket, he did manage it. After all... he is four now! (He did let Grandma, his Aunties and Uncles know that he was now four and that when he was three he was little, but now he's not... he's four!) Sean got a giant red ball from Grandma which was perfect because he LOVES balls!

Al got a hula-hoop that lights up. She stuck with it and eventually was able to keep it up for a while. I even tried it for a bit and did much better than I thought I would! Soon after, the Big
Doran cousins arrived and everyone went back in the house for some DELICIOUS food (I was too busy to take pictures... not cooking- cleaning and managing Frank the Tank). After dinner, the Big
Dorans went out and hid eggs for their Littles (which in this case is the 7 younger cousins). The Littlest cousin got to go out first to search for eggs (much to the dismay of his older egg hunting cousins).

He went at his own pace and did manage to pick up a few eggs and put them into the Easter Bag that his dad held for him. I had to smile at how slow he went and the faces of his poor sibs as they watched from the window- no doubt wondering how much longer we were going to wait for him to pick up a few stinking eggs!

When Sean spied the baseball stuff he ditched the eggs and went for the balls.

And then he found a bat and was all set. He didn't need any more eggs (and actually... he didn't need the bat or ball either) so we answered the prayers of the
Bigs and brought him inside so the real Easter Egg Hunt could begin!

Z was anxious to get back outside after opening all his treasured eggs so he could play some more. When I told him I didn't think it was a good idea and that it was raining a little, he told me not to worry and it was probably just some birds pooping in the sky (I can't wait for the next time it sprinkles at his school).

Sean loved playing with the empty eggs and put the ball he found in his mouth for safe keeping while he explored the eggs. He also had his first sucker which was a sticky mess! Thankfully he is still a baby and so it wasn't too hard to take the candy from him again!

After taking Joe's temp throughout the day it seemed his fever had finally left him. Unfortunately though... it found Zach and Z is NOT a happy
sicky! He is (after all) our little comedian/ actor and he does "pathetic sick child" very well. When I gave him some medicine, he told me he didn't think he could take it because his legs weren't working (he needs to work on his lines). We did have a wonderful time at Grandma's and sure wish we lived closer. With (most) Wednesdays the ONLY days we have nothing on our calendar, it could be a while (June, take me away!).
Look like it was a fun time! (no fun being sick) I can't wait to do egg hunts someday.
ReplyDeleteIt's been years since we did that with our children.