Zach's Sick Day?
But it seemed as I clicked out the light, I heard a croupy cough. Sure enough it was Z- the child who seemed to be sick all last year- the child about whom I had just said, "Wow- he sure has been healthy for a long time." I could hear him whimpering and so I went in to check on my little Goose. I gave him some Vicks, fluffed up his pillows, prayed with him and gave him a little extra TLC. He was very happy to have 'the medicine' (humidifier) and thankfully he did eventually go to bed (and so did we!).
The next morning when he woke he sounded awful. Again he was whimpering and coughing all over the place and so I asked my mom if Z could go to her house for the day and just lay down and rest. She saved the day and Sean and I were off to his school alone, while Z waited for Nana to get the Bigs on the bus so they could go back to her house.
When I called to check on Z, my mom said that he didn't really cough at all and if she asked him about it, suddenly he would put out a dramatic cough to 'sound' sick. I also chuckled when I got these pictures. Z took the lunch Jeff had packed to my mom's, but when it came time to eat he insisted on 3 plates. Then he unpacked his lunch, putting the separate items on separate plates. And because he had three plates, he also needed three drinks...
Oh the life of a three year old.
So Z got me. I bought it hook, line and sinker. Next time he'll be going to school- and then watch, I'll probably get a call saying to come get him because he's sick.
Awww, we love our silly Goose ZacH!! Such a character! Glad he wasn't really sick. Love the new photo of all of you out on the ice. Winter magic!
ReplyDeleteHah hah....love that kid!!!! P.S. He looks SO old!!!
ReplyDeleteSmart little guy to pull one over on ya at such a young age.... Love the photo on the ice, to bad it's late for the x-mas card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie :). I'm glad he's feeling better. I love the new photo in your header!
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw the picture of him smiling I was thinking that he didn't look very sick. Hope he is still feeling well. Love the three plates and glasses!
ReplyDelete