The Princess Goes to the Ball

Tonight was a big night for Ali Jane... It was her first real 'date' where she got to get all dressed up and go to a 'Ball'. It was such fun watching her pick out what she wanted to wear and I loved that Jeff kept changing ties to match the many different choices of princess dresses before she settled on her final. If he was going to date a younger woman, at least he knew what he was getting into- like mother like daughter! I had to laugh when she told me that she wants to grow out her bangs because her friend, Olivia, told her that she looks so good with her bangs pushed back!
I stayed with 'my three sons' but Ali Jane left us a little note, "At Daddy-Daughter dance. I will miss you." Though I don't think that she really did (miss us).


I am happy that I handed Jeff my little camera I use in my classroom so he (and his friends) could snap a few pics and I could get a 'glimpse' into what the night was like...

And though daddy is smiling in that picture, he did look a little queasy when he got home. It appears the Princess really likes to spin. He's hoping that next year she may be a little more into the 'dancing' and a little less into the 'spinning'.


Comments

  1. OMGosh!!! Laura, Ali Jane is so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It looks like they really put a lot of effort into that event. How nice for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - what a wonderful night! Ali Jane, you looked just like a princess - so beautiful! I'm so glad you had such a lovely first "date".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me misty -- dumb pregnancy hormones. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet time for the two of them. I love those father/daughter dances. She looks so cute in her dress and the videos are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!