15 Months!
It is hard to believe Sean is 15 months old! I am not one to normally keep track of how old my children are in months (I think I stopped that with Ali), but 15 months is one that stands out in my mind... Not only does 15 months mean that I need to make another doctor's appointment for little Sean, 15 months is how old Joe was when he became a big brother!
Looking at Sean now I can't imagine bringing home another baby (Jeff will
be so happy to hear this)! Not just because my desire to have more babes has fully left me (and it is impossible), but because Sean seems still like a baby himself!
He is doing a lot though! He loves to clap and run and squeal while running to keep up with the Bigs. He is climbing up on things now and has mastered going up and down the stairs (this also means we can get rid of the baby-gate... FOREVER)!
As I write this, Sean has JUST cut his first two teeth. You can ha
rdly see them (the top two), but you can feel them. He HATES when I stick my fingers in his mouth, but for a while there I thought he may be toothless and need dentures! All of our children have been 'later' in getting teeth (usually around age one), but no one as late as Sean! At age 7 Joe still doesn't even have a loose tooth, but I am told it is not surprising because he got them later. I was also told that getting teeth late is a good thing because they are protected for longer and usually therefore healthier. I also didn't mind it one bit seeing I nursed all those babes a year!
Just today, I realized how much Sean is mocking our talking. Sure he says, Mama, Dada, Nana, Papa... but other than random other babbles, it didn't seem like he was much of a talker.
Today while I was in the shower, I saw Sean come up and put h
is hands on the shower door. I said, "Hello!" and surprisingly he repeated back, "Hello!" To make sure I heard correctly, we said Hello back and forth for quite a while (and I had a super long, nice, hot shower)!
I tried to get this new word on video, but my children aren't the greatest of performers! His other favorites are "More" (usually while eating), "All done" (again usually while eating) and he loves to shake his head 'no' with a smirk on his face(usually while we are telling him yes).
While I haven't taken him to the doc to get all the percentile updates, Jeff took Sean to the doc last Thursday (croup), and learned that he weighed a whopping 23 pounds!
Last night the three Bigs were at my folks' for a sleepover and so
we had some nice quality time with just Sean (which could be why we could understand him- without all that other noise around)! Sean is still a little cuddle bug and I sometimes look at him and say, "slow down" but there isn't any stopping him! I guess my baby is growing up!
(Thankfully my sister-in-law is expecting next April so I can still get my
baby fix!)
He is just so cute. It's so much fun when they start talking. Glad he has mastered the stairs.
ReplyDeleteYes your baby is growing up.
For some reason when I came here today I saw something in your header picture that spoke to me. Looking at Jonasen I just felt like he was sharing a brother moment with Andrew in Heaven. Hope you don't mind me saying this.
How nice for a nursing mom to have babies who teethed so late! (and cute baby, too :).
ReplyDelete