The Package has Arrived!


On Friday, the kids were very excited because a package had arrived at our house. They knew who the package was from and their patience was certainly tested when Jeff told them that they'd have to wait until after soccer practice to open it. It was especially hard for the middles because I meet Jeff and the kids at soccer and bring home the middles and Sean after Ali Jane's practice. This meant they had to wait another hour until Joe's practice was over. We read a lot of books, and got on pajamas while waiting for Joe and Jeff to get home. Somehow during all of that, Ali Jane and Z bumped heads and Al got a horrible bloody nose. She was so upset, but when I mentioned that Joe and daddy were getting home soon, she soon calmed down in anticipation.
Each year (for just about every holiday), Grandma Doran sends the kids these amazing packages filled with goodies and her DELICIOUS homemade cookies and treats! Our kids absolutely LOVE getting Grandma's packages and it is hard to capture their excitement on film. It is such a treat and if I am ever a 'Grandma Doran' I would love to shower my grands like she showers her's (though I of course would have to get my cookies at Costco or something, since I'm not too impressive in a kitchen...)!
While Grandma certainly included Sean in the gifts, he wasn't as interested as the Bigs were. He is now walking and it is hard to keep him in one place, let alone where we'd like him to be. It was quite fun when the Bigs tried to get Sean to wear some Halloween glasses. Needless to say, it didn't quite work... of course there is always next year...

Comments

  1. Laura, I had to grin when I saw this because we have the exact same "package excitement," though ours are filled with about 90 percent seasonal craft supplies and 10 percent other stuff. You should see all the crazy Halloween stuff in our house from my mom right now :). Your new fall theme is cute. I just changed mine a few nights ago, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for them. I want to be THAT grandmother too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ariana got a blog!!! She is sitting next to me as we are reading yours and she like the picture of your kids wearing the funny glasses. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!