Falling for Pumpkins!


The kids were so excited to learn that it was FINALLY time to carve the pumpkins and I was too. Now that they are a bit older, I figured they may do most of the 'gutting' and I'd be able to sit back and snap some pics. I got out some plastic bags to lay down on the floor and was so excited about all the pumpkin seeds that we would be able to eat later in the night. When I 'opened' each pumpkin the kids each had different reactions. Z had no desire to touch his pumpkin guts and pretty much would just lift the top of his pumpkin and put it back down (repeat... a lot). It wasn't long until I took over the task of 'gutting' Z's pumpkin and had to put my camera down. Ali Jane lasted a little longer... maybe three minutes, but she was soon running through the house with Z and I saw yet another pumpkin that I was going to have to 'gut'.
Joe surprised me... I remembered that he wasn't too interested in touching pumpkins last year. This year was a different story. Joe opened that pumpkin and didn't leave it until every last pumpkin seed was out. Once he did have the pumpkin seeds out (and separated from the guts of course for cooking), he took a spoon to his pumpkin and scraped out every last string. I was shocked at how he stuck to it and promised that when it was time to carve the Jack-o-lantern faces, he would be able to go first.

When Joe was done, he realized that the house was a bit more quiet than usual. We looked outside and daddy, Z and Al were all outside working on the leaves. Of course there were still a lot of leaves still on the trees, but on a beautiful fall day there is nothing better than raking up some leaves and jumping in them! And that is just what the Doran kids did (minus Sean who took a nice lovely nap through all the festivities)!


Comments

  1. Those are really nice large pumpkins. Maybe next year Ali and Z will be more interested in the guts and seeds! Nothing like rolling around in the leaves, I remember doing that many, many years ago. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!