My Music Man


Even before he and Andrew were born, Joe and his brother would go crazy anytime I was singing or there was music on (-which was a lot!). When Jonasen was a toddler, he used to 'drum' beats using anything he could get his hands on- markers, pretzel sticks, paint brushes... It was clear early on that he would probably do something with music- perhaps he was just born with it- taking after his namesake on piano, his daddy on guitar or perhaps carve his own path with his drumsticks. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for his 'musical' future.

For quite some time now, Jonasen has been talking about what he's been doing in music- and this wonderful music that his music teacher, Mr. H, has been teaching them about called, "Carnival of the Animals." This made me smile because I knew exactly what he was talking about having taken some music education courses in college. Joe would sing us some of the music at dinner. Not only does he have an ear for such things, but an amazing memory and ability to recall anything related to music.
On Friday Joe came home with a folder and a CD of the music. He brought some speakers out, displayed the folder of all the 'animals' that are represented in the music and taught us all about what he has been learning. He was so excited, and I think we must have listened to the CD at least 50 times that night until the kids became the animals and were marching around our living room (aka the wild) to the music.
Jeff and I woke up Saturday morning to Joe bringing the speaker up to our room (with the folder) and again playing his favorite song!! We had to smile at his excitement (though Jeff is getting quite tired of hearing it!) Joe had brought the CD and folder everywhere and today he brought it to his T-ball game, thinking we may go to Nana & Papa's after the game and he could share it with them. Though he swears he did not take it out of the car (and I have cleaned every inch of it-) it is nowhere to be found. Joe was DEVASTATED! He thought about asking Mr. H. for another one and I explained to him the consequence of not taking care of our things. He was very upset and quiet. I was upset because though he has a great memory, he couldn't recall where he put the CD and he does not do a good job of putting his things where they belong. I was also sad because I loved watching his face light up when he spoke about the music... and I have contemplated asking Mr. H. for another copy... but it wasn't long before I was smiling again. Joe came to me and he looked much lighter and not as sad... he said, "You know what mom. I know what I'm going to do... I'll just talk to Santa and ask him to buy me a DS and a Carnival of the Animals song. I can't wait to hear it again!" Gotta love Santa (and Joe)!


Comments

  1. I should have also said that Joe wanted me to take all those pictures and videos for HIS blog! (Yes... he's writing a blog now too... perhaps the topic of a future post...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starting his list early for Santa. I hope it gets found. Love the videos, he is so excited.
    How wonderful to have a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it that he loves music and so unshy about it!!!So cute. Hugs, Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe shouldn't have to wait for Santa to deliver him his wish. Especially not when he's a part of the Dublin Family! ;-) Such a nice blog... and of course, I find it most interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    -Mr. H

    ReplyDelete
  5. He really does love music! And I read where the CD has been found!! I bet he was happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!