We have again put the bigs in swim lessons. They're doing much better than last summer and although they aren't jumping into a pool like they do the lake, they are getting more brave. Living on a lake all summer, I know how important it is that they learn how to swim. We've chosen at this time however, NOT to put Zach in swim lessons.

Of course they do offer classes for children Zach's age, even Sean's age actually, but we've chosen to wait until they're a little older. I did ask Zach if he wanted to come with us this morning to watch his
sibs swim. He was in a great mood and although I could have let him stay home with his dad and Sean, I chose to bring him anyway... and my camera.
I don't know when Zach will get potty trained, but I don't see it happening any time soon. He has NO interest and I've accepted the fact that come this spring, I'll probably still have two sizes of diapers in our house. Although I know this to be the case, it doesn't stop me from asking or telling Zach that he needs 'potty power' before doing certain things... like going in a pool! And although I told him, it didn't stop him from stripping down and wanting to go in the pool with the bigs.

Thankfully years of raising toddlers has taught me not to give in to temper tantrums or whining and so I could only smile as Zach pleaded for about 20 minutes to join the
bigs. And even after we went to the lockers he
kept saying and pointing, "I want to go that way!!!"

As for the
bigs, they've come a long way and I'm really proud of them! Our lives I know are about to get a lot more busy as they begin to sign up for sports and other fun classes. But for now I'll just sit back and enjoy Saturday mornings at the pool... minus a little goose next time!
Nothing like a little incentive to use the potty! Hopefully potty power will win out before summer starts.
ReplyDeleteThose videos are so precious.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete