Valentine Making


Once again it is February and time to make the Valentine's Day cards. Joe opted for the store-bought variety this year and was not at all excited about having to write 26 of his friends' names on cards (along with his own). Ali Jane decided to make her own cards again and so we got puffy paints, glitter, stickers and more and thanks to the handy-dandy cricut, the card making went quite quickly this year!
Zach wanted nothing to do with making valentines and so it was just the Bigs and I who were hard at work. Joe did want to make a special one for his teacher which he was very proud of. It amazes me at how much better his printing has gotten and how well he is doing in school! (above grade level... I can boast!)
Ali Jane also draws the cutest pictures of me and her. Every day when I pick her up at school, I know I will get a picture that says 'Ali Jane' (she is writing the 'Jane' in her name now and not just Ali) and 'Mom'. I treasure the pictures and it was fun to see some of those drawings included on the valentines. After a while though she tired of writing such detail on each card and opted to just color in her hearts.
Joe was able to get his creative juices flowing when it came to making the Valentine Box for his party. Unfortunately on party day, Joe was sick and didn't make it- throwing up the night before from some sort of bug- Jeff was able to get the cards though and there is no doubt that the special cards from his friends helped in his healing! I'm happy to report he's 100% again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!