My Headache...
I'm very blessed to get paid for a job I love doing- TEACHING! One of my favorite things to teach is writing. Recently I started a blog for my students, and sure enough some of them have become obsessed with blogging. I have shared my "Days" blog with them- sometimes showing examples of leads, precise words and the like but I felt sick to my stomach when yesterday in my email was a message that a new comment on this blog was from one of my students!
While I love sharing my writing with them, I like doing it on my terms and the idea of them having free access to all of my thoughts and feelings (and of course my beloved Moments of Pause blog) made me sick to my stomach.
I immediately put a lock on the blog and posted a message on facebook (where many of my friends and readers come from) describing my dilema. I felt I had to close my blog and only 'invited' readers could read about our adventures. I was thrilled to see how many of you actually read my writing and asked to be 'invited'! But as I thought more about it, I know that some of you that read are my parents' friends and I LOVE that you read- and so the next best thing was to try to move the blog and keep it public- but so that no one can find it... (unless of course you have the address directly- which clearly-if you're reading this- you do!)
So please- bookmark this blog- click on the right and become a 'follower' and continue to give me your feedback! I love the comments- and the fact that you're reading! And those of you who had links to my blog from yours- please change the address-
I am so happy that I have solved my problem- that my blog is still open- that no students will be reading- unless it is for a writing lesson- and I can continue to share that which matters most to me.
Thank you for reading my blog- and blogging- and for my friends who don't have a blog yet- start! I recently turned both blogs into a bound book and they are wonderful keepsakes! (And if you do start a blog- let me know- I'd love to follow your adventures!
Hugs-
Laura
And yes Jen- I finally updated the top picture- though hopefully we'll get a more recent and professional one soon!
ReplyDeleteAnd now this is a test to see if comments still get emailed to me- (and if you tried to leave a comment already and it didn't work- I think I fixed it so you can leave annonymous ones or comments with just your name...
ReplyDeletehi laura...so glad you found a solution! i love reading your blogs and would miss them very much! love the updated look...hope to see you on thursday night at hugs....<3
ReplyDeleteYeah, LOVE the new pic :-) You need to tell me how you changed the blog. Let's talk! Hopefully you don't mind if I keep it as a favorite on mine. Let me know...
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day to your sweet family!
Jen