My Favorite Band

I've said before that we don't watch a lot of TV around here and so instead we do a lot of reading, writing (the Bigs are LOVING their writer's notebooks!) and of course PLAYING! We all know that kids do what they see- and lately they've seen a lot of their dad playing guitar and singing. He is one of the worship leaders at our church now and I think it's great for them to see their dad up there! First and foremost because he is in a position where he is sharing his faith- and second he is also doing something that he LOVES! Jeff has also been writing songs- lots of them- though all we usually hear is a lot of guitar... he recently started his own blog (yes- I will do my best to make all those close to me bloggers!) where he posted the lyrics to his songs along with video of him playing the music along. I have to say it was nice to hear what he's been singing all these days... months... years... And I may be biased- but I think he's pretty good! So now I get why my kids look like this many nights of the week... though it may also be because they've seen us play a little Rock Band too... a-hem... I don't know about you but I think those two have the rock star look down!

Comments

  1. Great-Nan and I just had a good laugh watching this, but I must admit that we had a little problem with the lyrics! And Zach needs to get with it - every band needs its bass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Laura, your children are adorable! Send me the link to that blog post I would love to read it. I haven't been able to read all of your blog posts but you are certainly an amazing writer and one of these days I will get around to reading it all the way through. Looks like I might have yet another blog to follow !!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lil' Joey is a rock star. Just the face in that picture shows it all. That is one you will have to save. When its his turn to play in front of st. matt's you'll have to throw that picture up on the projector behind him.
    What a cutie. I wish I was close enough to be a babysitter cause I would love to rock out with the house band. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how serious they look in the first photo.
    That video is so darn cute and it's so much better for them to do that then to watch TV.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!