Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving Day began at 2am when our first born, Pele', began to have seizures- and they didn't stop- so Jeff had to bring him (once again) to the animal hospital. It is very scary, and very sad and also the reason we haven't been able to spend holidays far from home.
We are thankful that my parents live nearby and we were able to spend the day with them, my brother, his wife and daughter, and my dear Nan! My dad was very excited to have all his grandchildren together and gave them all matching Wolverine hats (much to the dismay of my Buckeye mom). As always it's a little tough to get Zach in a picture. But everyone had a great time!
I brought two dishes, green bean casserole and sweet potato balls. The sweet potato balls are from a recipe my Nan always used and thankfully I remembered it and they turned out quite yummy! (There are no measurements in the recipe- a little of this- a little of that- so I felt like quite the cook!) The food was delicious and the company was even better and yet again we found ourselves so thankful for so very much this year! (especially the new little ones at the gathering- Maddy and Sean Asher)
We did get a call that Pele' could come home that night and thankfully it wasn't quite as much as it usually is when we have to take him to the hospital. (We've nick-named him the Million-Dollar Mutt as he has turned out to be quite the expensive family member.) It's been really hard because when not having a seizure, he is normal. But with each seizure, and each increase in medication we wonder what the next day will bring, and we worry about him more and more.
Unfortunately there were many patients that night at the animal hospital and it took us a while to pick up our patient. The patience of the big passengers in the car was wearing thin. They were not too happy because they were eager to get home and to bed after their long day.
The younger passengers however, were off to dreamland with full bellies and dreaming sweet dreams. (And so were the grown-ups as soon as our heads hit the pillow- it was a looooong day.)

Comments

  1. I made a new green bean casserole this year too! :) Yum! glad the pup is ok!!! your kids are adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your pup is okay. I made green bean casserole, the one with French's Onions! I use to make some sweet potatoe balls. They had mini marshmellows in them, rolled them in honey and then corn flakes! Hope your day was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, your dog and mine could be twins. They look alot alike!

    I'm so sorry he was sick. What causes his seizures do you know??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!