Liquid Gold!


Sean got his first bottle today! Thankfully after nursing three kids for a year each- pumping comes pretty easy for me. (Though I am not a fan of it- and will not be missing it a year from now...) There are many reasons why I choose to give this liquid gold to my babe. #1. It's FREE! And I am as cheap as they come!!! #2. It's so healthy and I'm giving Sean my immunity- which will hopefully keep him healthy through this scary flu season. #3. I'm very lucky that it's easy for me. I've learned that it isn't for everyone so have really come to appreciate this lately. While in the hospital one of the nurses suggest I supplement with formula because of Sean's size.

For some reason I almost had a fit- and had he not been the fourth baby I'd nursed, I may have given in and given him the supplement- but I'd gone down this road before- stuck to my guns and he's doing great and didn't have to have a supplement of formula!!! Ali Jane and Zach were excited to give their little brother his first bottle. (Joe was too busy reading his new books from school...) Maybe now that Ali has given Sean a bottle she'll stop nursing her baby dolls and feed them a bottle too. Kinda funny to see her lift her shirt to feed her little Libby- but SO 'Ali Jane'.

Comments

  1. Know what was even funnier to me then watching Annie "nurse" her doll? When Nate did it a couple times when Annie was born. He was only 2, but it was hilarious. Maybe Goose will try soon! We call it liquid gold around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep we love the name too! Apparently, it was not so much for my kiddos though... O is on special formula now and it's $9 a day to feed her, that really adds up over one months time, but glad it's only 1 year, and whatever it takes! So happy it comes easy to you and it works for Sean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it nice that they get a chance to feed him too! You go girl, you nurse that baby! How sweet of your daughter to nurse her dolls. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!