SHE DID IT!

Ever since the last trip to the dentist I have been DREADING going back... Somehow they managed to get Ali Jane's x-rays, but she screamed the entire time and wouldn't let them go near her mouth to clean her teeth. To gear up for this trip, I brought out all the external rewards... that wedding barbie you want, a new back-pack for school and even... McDonald's for lunch!! Even with all the bribing, it didn't look good. She was definitely scared, but somehow we managed to get her in the chair. Even Joe was amazed!
I am so happy to report that she did a great job! They counted her teeth- polished them and she even let our dentist near her! I was THRILLED that she didn't need more x-rays this time. For doing such a good job, they loaded her up with goodies- from rings, bracelets, toys and animal cards... not to mention our dentist's DELICIOUS home-made cookies!
After watching his sister go, Jonasen had no problem hopping into the chair and opened his mouth immediately- before the hygienist even got near his mouth. It was quite funny watching him hold this position for as long as he did. But it was worth it- he got loads of goodies just like his little sis.
Jeff was last to get his teeth cleaned and all-in-all we were there for almost two hours between the four of us. For all that time, I couldn't believe how awesome the kids were! They played great- reading the books and playing with the toys in the office. (I didn't bring anything... whoops!) On top of it all, we didn't get out of there until 1:30- which is well passed lunch and passed Z's nap time- so it was even more amazing to me! The receptionist commented that we have the best behaved, polite, well-mannered children she has seen and she added, she sees a lot. It felt good, especially after last year's experience...And yes... they did get their promised treats! It was well worth the money!!! Great job!

That is so cute. My kids always went without a word. I bet they wish they would have gotten me to give them a treat.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of them - they're so brave!!! And we've always known they were well behaved kids - Their Nana has trained them well :-).
ReplyDeletedid they mess up the puzzles and play simon?
ReplyDelete