My Surprise Play-Date


The most amazing thing happened to me last Friday. My sweet friend, (of 32 years!) Pam, had asked me earlier in the week if I'd be around Friday morning around 9 to be able to chat. She moved states away and it had been hard for us to have some good conversations with our busy schedules (and loud children)- so to 'plan' a phone call was very 'typical' Pam. Pam and I have remained close over the years and she is Jonasen's God-Mother and writes him sweet letters each year for his birthday documenting the happenings. She is just really an amazing soul! (She also turned me on to the world of blogging...) Shortly before she was scheduled to call at 9, Jeff suggested I get in the shower since we had a busy day- and he knew how long the two of us talked- so I got ready for the day- and he brought me the phone and sure enough I got to hear my sweet friend's voice at 9.
She told me she was on her way with her darling son, Jack, to a play date. She was a bit out of breath and said that he is just getting so big. When I asked her how big he was now, she said, "Why don't you look?" And sure enough- entering my room was my dear friend! I have never been so excited in all my life and we must have hugged a million times right there and then! Just writing it brings tears of joy to my eyes once again.
Her visit was a short one as she had only a few hours before visiting more family on this trip- and because we were trying to keep the house (semi-neat) for an appraiser that was coming in a few hours- I suggested we go to a nearby park that we love! When we got there- the park was surprisingly quiet (it's normally packed) except for one mom and her son- and as we approached it was another friend from high school! Again- I was in complete surprise and so excited to see our friend Kim join us with her sweet son.
The few hours we spent together meant the world to me- and I find myself reflecting and smiling about it even now. Although life is busy- and we're states apart- we have still managed to see each other every summer- even if it isn't for as long as we would like. Just getting to speak in person- embrace and watch each other's kids as they grow has been such a blessing! So thank you for the amazing surprise sweet friend! (and my wonderful husband who was so in on it!) I miss you already! Until our next 'phone call'!

Comments

  1. What a great surprise - so typical of Pam to be able to pull that off! So glad you got to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise and you had no idea! Awesome

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!