Ali Jane's in Heaven!


Ali Jane was over the moon when she heard that we could go to her teacher's wedding. (And I have to admit that I was excited too.) The wedding was at our church and the only other wedding I had attended there was my own. Ali Jane of course had to wear her 'wedding dress' and though we sat in the back (like my students did 8 years ago...) Ali Jane was so well behaved we could have been right up front!
Before the wedding Ali Jane went through the wedding dress styles of all the princesses and clearly the most exciting part of the wedding for her was what Ms. Beth would look like- and she looked beautiful! Al was wanting to see them dance at the wedding (just like the princesses do) and was upset that we wouldn't see the dance.
It was wonderful watching her experience her first wedding. (She only attended my brother's reception... didn't want to risk my kids misbehaving at his wedding ceremony...) But watching and listening are two different things. I took a video of her- in her own words- describing the day... And yes- Ms. Beth was beautiful- yes- the flower girl did throw petals that landed on Ali Jane's head- and yes- the runner was beautiful... (though I don't think was constructed the way she describes in the video below...)

Comments

  1. SO CUTE!! I loved watching them look for Ms. Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great! I'm still smiling at her sad face at the end cause she couldn't go dancing. Tell her I'm sure when MRS Beth and Ali J gets back, they can all dance in the room together with all their friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious. What a great experience for a young girl. She looks beautiful in that dress. I am so happy that she got to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!