Zach goes to work...


I was shocked last week when I got a call (actually three calls) that said school was cancelled because there was no power! When my mom came to watch Z in the morning, I told her I didn't need her because school was cancelled. I drove the bigs to school and when I got back to the car there was a voicemail- and sure enough- plans had changed and they were now calling all of the teachers back to school. Small problem- Nana was at the gym working out- so Zach came to school with me...
To be honest, I could have gotten much more done at home on my computer entering grades while he was in his own environment, than I did at school

Zach loved coloring, stacking my big dice and reading books but of course wanted my attention the whole time. I finally got wise and took a sucker from my 'treats' bin filled with treats and toys that I auction off to my students (Don't worry- I don't use real money- but 'Doran Dollars'). Zach was a sticky mess when I finally heard from my mom that she was on her way back to save the day.
It was a nice day though, and I actually got some work done in the afternoon and (you won't believe this) got to go out to eat with coworkers like normal people get to! Oh, the things you non-teachers take for granted... lunch out with adult conversation... being able to go to the bathroom when you have to- not waiting for a break... Summer's almost here! (YEAH!) (Oh ya- it's called continued education classes... it's a break from the usual at least!)

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!