Our Crazy Couple of Days!


Since school has been out Ali Jane has been calling her Nana & Papa and asking for a sleepover. She and Joe had slept there once before and now that school was out it made sense to ask for another overnight visit.
The only problem was that Joey got sick. Jonasen complained that his stomach hurt and all day he was sick. He was throwing up every two hours! (No other symptoms though thank goodness!)
When Al asked Nana and Papa if she could come over they said sure- she told them that Joey was sick though and asked if Zach could come instead. (Zach had never slept over before.) Nana & Papa agreed though I think were a little nervous how he would be.
Al packed up her backpack all by herself (and she had everything she needed) and also brought her current favorite book "Purple-licious" and a princess puzzle she got at the dollar store.
I dropped off the kids before my HUGS meeting and they had no problem saying goodbye- Al looked through the window and Zach through the door. They both waved and blew kisses. I was a little sad leaving my baby but knew that the night (and morning) with Joe would be easier without them.
I'm happy to report that though it's been a crazy couple of days everything went well. Nana took lots of pictures. We recently signed up for Skype- (and everyone should do this- it's free and you can 'call' someone over the computer and hear and see them! It is very cool!) We were able to talk and see the kids this morning and hear all about their adventures.

First they went to a park to play and left with only minor injuries. (Ali Jane at least) They both had a blast and Zach was cracking up on the swings. My mom said that she tried to get his laugh on video but of course as soon as she tried to capture it, he stopped.
After the park they went for ice cream and Ali Jane gobbled up her cone and Zach his cup of ice cream. When they got home they had fun putting the puzzle together and reading books before bed. They went to bed very easy and didn't even ask about mom! (gulp) In the morning, Ali Jane made pancakes for all and no one is sick yet- though that picture of Zach makes it hard to tell if they were any good...
As for Joey, he slept a lot- Jeff and I watched two GREAT movies- ("He's Just Not That Into You" & "Gran Terino") and he didn't throw up at all last night or this morning. I could tell he was on the mend around noon today when he started talking non-stop! It was such a relief to hear! He did look soooo thin to me- so we weighed him- 32 pounds!! (ugh) My guess is he lost some weight- since he's now smaller than his sis! (33 pounds)
I'm looking forward to the next visit when all THREE of them can go! :-)

Comments

  1. So glad that Joey is feeling better, and looking forward to your free night when all 3 kiddos go to Grandma & Grandpas for the night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute story. Love how Ali packed her backpack herself. She was determined to get to Nana's & Papa's! The photo of Zachy in the swing is ADORABLE! So glad Joey is much better now. Time to take HIM for ice cream!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Laura, Thanks for sharing!!! I can just see your mom and dad with the kids too precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    This is Mark, your moms cousin...I got a mail abour your grandma and saw your blog link, so here I am...
    You all have a great summer and tell your mom I was here and said Hi!!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!