So Long, Elk Rapids!



I feel like this may have been the longest we have spent in Elk Rapids but it went by so fast. On one hand it was nice not having to worry at all about the dogs. I know my folks don't like watching them and although Garrett is awesome, it is nice to have them staying with family. On the other hand I hate that we didn't even have ONE day where all six of us overlapped and I'm hopeful that next year will be the year when we ALL are in our happy place!


On our last night we hit the beach with guitars which is always a favorite for me. Z has recently started playing bass which is fun. I think that Sean needs to figure out a string instrument to play so he can join the males in this family. Playing music at sunset is always a favorite way we love to spend the time. The weather overall wasn't super hot (which I LOVED) but it meant not a lot of swimming and no pool time. I remember when the kids were little, that's all they did was SWIM!


It was great having Ali up even if it was really just for one solid day. It was a good day and I was glad she could make the trip. She works Monday-Friday and had plans our first weekend up so really could only do the second weekend. Again- I think about next year and I do hope that that will bring more time together.


I have been reading A TON this summer! It is so nice not to have to work on curriculum or take classes. I am tutoring but overall I feel like this is the summer of ME. It is feeling really good. I had to get a new kindle (because they are jerks and I could no longer borrow books to my old one). I love the case that I got for it. I really do love reading (and writing- I have written a book but not sure when to publish... It's like a tell-all about my work experiences so I may wait a bit).


Saying goodbye is always hard. Joey was back to Kalamazoo in Jonda, Ali drove me home in Betty, and Jeff took my Franny Mae (I love that car) with Sean. Yes. We name our cars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!