Here we go...
Well, because Covid is still insane it was determined that we would do school remotely (at least for now). While I am VERY thankful for this for all our health, I've also been exhausted getting ready and trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to do this. Last year was a bit off- but this year is all in- new curriculum and I'm going to have to get creative!
Thankfully I had a lot of trials with other "students" joining my zooms.
I also experimented with my doc camera... I did get it to work and they saw it how I wanted them to.
Still, this is a bit insane and nerve-wracking. I feel like we didn't get a whole lot of training and just thank God that I am pretty tech savvy. I am bound and determined to make this work!
Just like Sean (in the first picture), we had a "Meet and Beep" where kids drove through the parking lot and got to see us in person and we got to see them!
I saw so many kids old and new and it really was food for my soul. I missed the closure at the end of last school year and I am going to miss meeting this new group in person too. Not to mention EVERYONE (parents, grandparents, baby sitters) are going to be seeing (and probably judging) my every move. Teachers aren't exactly respected in this country.
Still I have some amazing families past and present and I know we're still going to make it a great year!

Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!