Bigs go to FL!


After what felt like forever it was finally time for the Bigs to fly to Florida with the marching band. Ali was fine the week leading up though she's decided she's not going to do marching band next year but that of course all changed the night before (just like I knew it would).
They had to be to the school by 3:30am so I had Jeff drive them (knowing Ali would ask me until the last minute if she really had to go~ she did). I had mixed feelings- sad that she was dreading it but hopeful she'd have a great time. There was no doubt that Joey would have fun.
They were on different buses. Joey was so good at sending me picture updates. I worried that I missed something but I knew there were people (adults) there that could stand in if there was an emergency.
Ali didn't really communicate with me at all. Shannon posted some pics on FB for me and I was glad to see this. Jeff didn't take any pictures when he dropped them off. He said he got there and the kids just went to the buses and that was that.
I was very happy that they were sitting together for their first flight. I know they were both terrified and when I asked them for a picture- THIS was the one they sent me!
Ali had the window seat and I told her to take a picture and this was what I got. They had their phones off during the flight so I didn't really know how they were feeling though I couldn't stop thinking of them.
The internet is a beautiful thing and I was able to track their flight! It is amazing how fast a flight can be. I wish that we had the funds to do flights so they could all experience it. We may have to search for one this summer. I've only been on a handful of flights myself.
The picture they sent me when they landed was better but I still don't understand why they can't take a selfie with their heads together and their faces actually in it.
I stalked them pretty much the whole time through the life 360 app (a must if you have drivers). I could see where they were at the airport and even where they were in the parks.
As soon as they landed they went directly to the park. I was tired just thinking about it but I know they were all excited so had the energy to make it a great day!
Ali hung out with Joey and his friends which was no surprise as that has been happening a lot all year. I knew that would happen since they like each other and are so close in age. Thankfully they sent some pics (be ready- if you haven't guessed this post has LOTS of pictures for them).






Ali roomed with Sarah and two other girls I don't know well. Joe roomed with Victor, Gabe and Conner (though Conner didn't really hang out with them in the parks).







I loved getting pictures and updates (mostly from Joey) and it looked like they were having so much fun. I wish I could have been with them. They also sent me some videos that I put together that you can see HERE. I also felt like I couldn't get rid of pictures so.... here's a bunch!











So I noticed that in a lot of the pictures (and them hanging out) Ali was spending a bit of time with Victor so I asked Joey if they were going out or something... Joey said- "No! Not at all." And then later that night he texted me that "Ali has a boyfriend..."
Mom always knows. Here are some more pictures.


I'm so glad to have them home and loved hearing all the details again through them telling the Littles. What a memory making trip. I'm so glad they went and I know they are too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!