This is 44.
This is 44 and my first birthday without my Nan. Thought about that a lot and about all my birthdays that we so special in Hamtramck with Auntie Irene, Uncle Joe, the Jonasens and all the rest. Aunt Barb sent me the above card which of course immediately made me think of Auntie and our rolled dollar bills the number of our age!
My favorite restaurant closed so we went to the one that took its place and to be honest... not great. I guess we have some time to figure out where to go next year. The cocktails were good and the company even better. This was a year when the Drapals got to join us.
After dinner we headed to church. I loved seeing Pastor Paul and giving him a big hug! He remembered my birthday which was so sweet. I miss my St. Matt's family and it was great to see them. The orchestra and choirs were great and as always- tears streaming down my face. I thought of all my loves NOT here and found myself touching my Grandpa's signature on my arm a lot. I miss them all but am so very blessed.
Back at home it was time to decorate cookies. That's our tradition and THANKFULLY Nana made the cookies so all I had to do was make the icing. Also~ this is the first year in I don't know how long- that I have all the Christmas presents wrapped! YAY!!
For whatever reason, Danny was kind of snarky and wanted to get the show on the road. We kept decorating anyway. His kids were having fun and with Santa Tracker on, we knew we had time before the big man arrived!
We opened presents and it was time for cake. I was so full I didn't eat a single bite but I loved the song and Sto Lat and just everyone being around and enjoying the cake!
Jeff did an awesome job decorating and making me feel special! I got a lot of super nice things and feel so very lucky.
After cake we had to make reindeer dust before the Drapal kids left and of course we needed to sprinkle it outside too! I had to include a picture of me with cake. One of my sweet students gave me a pack of mint Oreos with instructions to sprinkle over my birthday cake, so that's what I did. 44 is going to be a great year!



Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!