DMM in Lansing


This year Dance Masters was different than those in the past~ mostly because Al wasn't with her friends which meant I wasn't with MY friends. Since Al's classes fell (early) on Sunday, Jeff said he'd come with and keep me company. I was glad he drove since white stuff was falling from the sky (yuck!).
Al opted not to do auditions since she would have been competing against all the older dancers. The cool thing is she won a scholarship last year so this was FREE for us! Whoop whooop! (Dance and FREE are not usually in the same sentence.)
Al's good friends all had classes the day before (they dance with the Juniors while Al was with teens). She of course knows the girls she danced classes with but they're all soloists and pretty chummy. When we dropped Al off only one girl said hi to her and I thought- she's not going to like this as much as she usually does...  (Al loves to dance but she also loves her friendships).
But I knew she'd be busy and fine. Jeff and I walked around the streets near the capital and then found a place for breakfast and did some shopping. It actually went by pretty quick which was nice.
We got back to where Al was about 45 minutes before she got out of classes. We got some games and had fun playing them. I beat Jeff which is always fun! We played while we listened to Al's tap class which was cool.

When she got out of class, I asked her how it was and she kind of shrugged. Then she saw some of her good friends (who were there because of the audition results). What a warm welcome she got and she was all smiles! I know she felt loved and that made me happy!

It was strange not staying the night with Julia and Amber! We've been doing this together for the last five years. I told Julia to send me a picture with Amber and she had this one of her and Bryn. I had Eric photoshop Al in the picture so it was like they were together. Funny stuff!
And I'll just add here that the dumb parking garage (where I always park free) charged us $7 for less than an hour and then when Jeff paid with a $20 IT DIDN'T GIVE US CHANGE! I had to call on Monday to get it sorted out (which I did). What a pain though... At least the capital was pretty.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!