Fair Day
We had two (or was it three?) soccer games the day of the fair but since it's around the corner from our house, we really HAD to go. It cost us $70 for tickets that we bought. We decided next year, we'd go ahead and fork out a little extra money and let the kids get bracelets... We liked the time limit before, but after this year, I think it's time.
We really didn't see Joe at all. He saw his friends and took off with them. We'd see him occasionally to get more tickets but for the most part we'd spy him from far away and like good parents, we kept our distance! All the other kids ran into friends, too... even Seany which was fun!
Sean loved the fair and went on most rides with Z. Ali left with some friends for a bit but came and found us again. She has wanted to be with us a lot lately (which may be why she came back).
I rode a few rides too (three to be exact) which is pretty good for me. One spinny ride with Ali and Z (see the first picture), the Merry-Go-Round with the Littles (Jeff had already done it once with Seany) and then the swings...
It was while on the swings when the reason I hate fairs came back into my head. There is something about these rides that go pretty fast (sometimes go upside down) coming in on trucks for a weekend and then packing up to the next place. What I mean is... I don't feel safe on them.
The whole time we were 'swinging' above the roof of the church and over the crowds, all I could think was, "What if one of these chains breaks?!?" I thought I might puke, but thankfully to those below me, I didn't. Kids were tossing shoes off the swings left and right. Clearly this was some sort of game they had. Oh to be young again!
As for Joe, he had a great time and loved the bigger rides (that I KNOW he wouldn't have gone on had he not been with his peers). I was glad to see him step a little outside of his box and he may just have encouraged his sis to do it next year too.
Time will tell.

Sounds like a fun time!
ReplyDelete