SEAN IS FIVE!!!
I can't believe that Sean is FIVE!! He turned five on a Thursday which also happens to be "Seanday" (seriously that is what it is called) because it is the day that my dad watches Sean. My dad brought him up to school so we could have lunch together. My class sang to him which was sweet! We have SIXTEEN kids in kindergarten who are younger than Sean right now (the world's gone crazy- and it's taking us younger ele teachers with them). Thankfully, as I write this now, it is down to fifteen as one agreed to go back to preschool. I feel bad for those K teachers (and I'll feel bad for me next year... but I digress).
Our Thursdays are busy (well... all our days are busy) and so Ali missed much of the celebration we had ON Sean's birthday. I took her to dance while Jeff took the three boys to Z's soccer practice. After I dropped Al off at dance, I hit Meijer because the gift I bought Sean hadn't arrived from Amazon yet (I'm now saving it for Christmas). I found a Minion backpack and a Fart Gun (yes you read that right) also from the Minions. I never thought I'd buy that but after hearing Sean laugh like he did, it was worth the clearance price I paid for it!
I also made some cupcake cones so we could sing to Sean and he could blow out candles! Ali, of course, ate her later. Sean wore his crown all day and must have said, "This is the best birthday ever!" a million times! It really was quite sweet! I doubt he remembers his other four birthdays well, but you never know...
On Saturday we celebrated again! Of course it was also a busy day. We had two soccer games and the Walk to Remember prior to his party. Grandma came down early for the games and spent the day with us which I LOVED!!! It was a smaller party since none of the cousins could make it. Uncle Dan, Auntie Jodi, Nana, Papa, and Grandma (and of course us Dorans) were the only people in attendance but that was fine with Sean! He loved opening and playing with his things!
We also had a cake for him with a green alligator on it (He asked specifically for the green). I wrote Happy 5th Birthday Sean on it, but it turned out horrible (why there is no picture). After we sang to him in English and Polish, he blew out the candles in one quick breath! Seriously it was awesome!
We ate and had cake and Z's friend, Luke, even joined us! It really was such a beautiful day outside, it couldn't have been better. I only wish my Grandpa Jonasen was there to celebrate with us too. He and Sean share the same birthday and if he were still alive, he would have been 100 this year!!!
My dad measured Sean (as he does all the kids on their birthdays) and it looks like Sean is the biggest Doran (compared to all 5 year old Dorans anyway...). He did NOT want to stop and get measured which was tough for Papa, but thankfully he got it! Next year, Sean will be in kindergarten! It's hard to believe my baby is growing up!! Slow down, Seany!

Sounds like his birthday celebrations were so much fun.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sean! Love all the pictures and the minions fart gun sounds like fun......I know it would make me laugh!