Way to go, Joe!! Soccer Season!



So after a season off I was actually very excited that Joe wanted to get back into soccer.  I felt it was his best sport and the last season he played he was really starting to understand and enjoy the game.  I wondered if he quit because the last season he played was so horrible (weather-wise).  Whatever the reason I know he's glad he's back and so am I!
Joe is now playing in a travel rec league which is good because it's not the crazy commitment of travel but he still gets to go play against other programs.  He's learning more about the game including off-sides and is so much better at playing positions.  Like Z, he prefers defense.  Ali is our offense girl!
I don't get to see as many of Joe's games because Jeff is helping coach now so I mostly take Al or Z.  I'm happy Jeff is coaching as his dad was an amazing soccer coach in Saginaw and I know he'd be excited to know his son is now coaching too.  I believe he actually coached a team Jeff played AGAINST which was pretty funny to me! He didn't just coach his kids.  Jeff can get real frustrated with the boys, but he can see the improvement in them.  I remind Jeff this isn't college soccer (yet)!
Last Saturday, Joe and Al were playing at the same (home) fields so I was able to go back and forth between the two games.  I had my camera with me too because I knew it may be one of the only opportunities for me to snap pictures of Joe in action.  
The boys were down two and coach put Joey in on offense.  My dad and I looked at each other and wondered how it would go and then suddenly there was a goal and guess who put it in... JOEY! It was such an exciting moment and I was so happy that I had my eye through my camera for the whole thing!  It was great to see the boys celebrating and the boy who picked Joe up (Keyar- who is an amazing little soccer player) was actually one of my former first grade students.  I love this series of pictures!!  I just had to include them all...



 What fun this season has been for us!! I'm almost sad thinking about it coming to an end.  I know the boys can play spring soccer and I think Joe would like to do that but I know that many of them switch to baseball.  It will be interesting to see what the future holds~ but right now, I'm just enjoying the present! What a gift it is!!

Comments

  1. Just love the excitement of them picking him up. Way to go Joe! Glad he decided to play again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!