Joe turns 11!!


I still can't believe that my baby is 11 (and he's been 11 for a while now since I am really late in updating this blog)!  Joe's birthday fell on a Monday this year which I liked because I was able to take my day for doctor appointments and spend time at Andrew's garden and then focus on my Joe at night.  He opted to have two celebrations with family.  We did one with Nana, Papa, Grandma, the Drapals, Auntie Jodi, Uncle Jim & Mary on the 14th.  I couldn't find my candles- so poor Joe had to have an 8 + 3 more (see I can do math...).
Speaking of math, Mary had math homework (she's in college now!?!?!) and I laughed watching the three teachers help her with her problems (Jodi and I watched from afar~ we teach the littles).  We joked that we'd have to see her next weekend too.  Joe had a great time and we enjoyed pizza, wings and breadsticks (his choice) and great company.  He got lots of great presents but at his request, he didn't get anything from us.  He wanted to celebrate with just us on his actual birthday.

The day of Joe's actual birthday was pretty smooth. I was able to stop at the store to get the fixings for cupcake cones (and candles) and all of Andrew's balloons before I even went to Dr. B's.  It was perfect.  It was a busy day but I loved being home to see my boy!  We had to wait for Ali to get home from dance to celebrate but Joe didn't mind at all.  Eleven seems to have brought a maturity about him. He actually did his homework, piano and read for twenty minutes on his own before she got home from dance.
After dinner, candles and cake, it was time to open presents and I knew he'd be excited.  He asked for Minecraft (a crazy popular game for kids his age at the moment) and I got it for him!  We lifted our "no screens" rule for the night and he and Z spent some time playing this game (that Jeff and I still don't understand).
The kids get it though and Z was almost as excited as Joey!  Joey actually asked me if we could discuss lifting the screen ban on weeknights where he got everything done.  I told him that we'd be open to that discussion.  We decided if piano was done, homework, twenty minutes of reading and two extra chores, he could earn 30 minutes of screen time.  Well, he's done it once (I think it's those two extra chores that holds him back from doing it more since the other things are things he has to do anyway.  Needless to say, the day he really wanted to play Minecraft, two of our bathrooms were REALLY clean.  I think I'm going to like 11 year old Joey... scratch that, I love him (but then I've loved him always but you get what I mean...).  Happy Birthday to the boy who saved me and continues to teach me!  I love you!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!