The End of Joe's Season
This year Joe was in the "Minor League" in baseball. He had "try-outs" and was drafted to a team. This is so that the teams seem more balanced and overall they were. There weren't any blowouts and Joe's team did really well. Joe got placed with some great coaches and teammates and had a fun year. I think he learned a lot and although he was the littlest guy out there, he did a good job!
In the field, Joe mostly played outfield. He stopped what he needed to and made great throws! I was really proud of him and think he's much more comfortable in the outfield. His arm really grew this season and overall I feel like he learned a lot more about the game (especially with stealing and base running~ after making some mistakes). I heard a great quote the other day. "In order to bat .300 you must fail 7 times!"
Joe got walked a lot. He learned that if he was going to go down on strikes~ he better go down swinging. He got hits and he also GOT hit! He took a hard ball to his shoulder (that you heard OUCH) that had it sore and bruised for quite a while. This totally spooked him and after it happened he would drop out of the batters box when pitches would come. He wasn't afraid at the cages, just when faced with the pitchers. Some of those boys throw pretty hard (sadly, the one that hit Joe threw REALLY hard). I was happy to see him stay in the last game. He had a great last game and ended the season saying he wants to practice to get better and can't wait for next season.
Joe's coaches were amazing this year. I felt like he learned so much from them and the boys were also great! He played on the "Lugnuts" team so the players and families all went to a Lugnuts Game together. They play in Lansing and while it was fun, Jeff told me the team wasn't too good (thankfully they're not a feeder for the Tigers).
Jeff, Joe and my dad all went while I was at a dance recital with Al. I did get updates and fun pictures from Jeff but it wasn't like being there and I was sad to miss it. Joe had a growing season and learned that he had to wake up from some of the dreaming he did on the field in the past. I think third grade overall was a big growing year for Joe~ A year of figuring things out. I'm so proud of him and look forward to more wiffle ball games in the yard this summer!



Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!