A Weekend in the Great Outdoors (Part 1)
When I was younger I swear we used to get more snow... I remember digging tunnels through it and having so much fun. Lately it seems we've had such strange weather... not a single snow day last year and this year it goes from FREEZING (so cold there's no outdoor recess) to spring. So when Saturday showed up with fresh fallen snow and temps that we wouldn't lose digits in, I was excited!
I actually woke up Saturday and spent HOURS in bed working on report cards. I got super organized and was able to kick them out in probably four hours (perhaps a record!!). I was finishing up when I got a text from my friend mentioning that Z could come to her son's birthday party too... OH MY GOSH!! I had totally forgotten about his birthday. I dashed downstairs and there was the invitation saying that it started in about 20 minutes (and the party was probably about 30 minutes away). I quickly got the boys and Jeff out the door (without a present but a rain check for when I saw them in church the next day). There was no time to wrap a gift... I felt exhausted. They closed the door behind them and I collapsed in a chair.
I had just gotten Sean to sleep when I looked at Al and said, "What do ya say, we go outside?" She loved the idea and we both got on our gear and we started shoveling the driveway. I know, not the most fun but soon we were making angels and turning cartwheels (well... Ali was turning cartwheels). We checked in on Sean a bit later and he was up, so he came out and joined us.
We did some painting in the snow (food coloring and water) and Sean learned the joys of the slide and snow! He got some air when his bum left the slide at the bottom, but with the extra padding from snow pants, he got right back up and did it again.
We played for hours and soon saw Z looking out at us from the window, and Joe walking to the backyard (where we were) to say hi to us (and his buddy who came to join in our fun). It was a great day and I actually got to take some pictures with my camera. I had so much fun that I put them into a video. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm a gal who loves my pictures... and my tunes!
Way to go on getting your report cards done and being able to go outside with Ali and Sean. Looks like they had fun!
ReplyDelete