Write on, Goose


 So I am very proud to say that I have a house full of writers!  Joe is filling up his journals with stories and comics, Ali keeps a journal and now even Zach is getting a kick out of writing and I was so impressed with what he is able to do in just a few short months of kindergarten!
We read a story and then he wrote "My favorite part was when he put the disguise on."  I'm also super proud of his handwriting (which is better than some of my first graders).
 He was so proud of having to do 'homework' like the Bigs, and I laughed when he told me I needed to take a video of him working (of course).
We have made a new rule in our house that we have no TV on Monday-Thursday and it has been so wonderful!  The kids have always been into books and such, but having the TV off has been so great!  It also makes movie watching so much more special when we all gather in our jammies with bowls of popcorn.
When Z was done, he showed Al his work and she was really impressed.  She was able to read his work and pointed out how great it was (she could be a wonderful teacher one day).  Life seems so crazy and hectic lately and this was one of those days where you finally find yourself taking a moment to exhale, pick up your head and enjoy the wonderful view around you.  I am blessed!


After I tucked the kids in bed, I noticed Ali wasn't writing a letter to her elf (like I thought she was).  She was writing me.

Dear Mom,
I just want you to know that why I am writing you a note because I want to get better at what you keep telling me so I love you and will practice what you tell me so I can be a better person when I grow up so you can learn from what your mom and dad tell you so now I know what to do.  Thank you for all you've done.
Love,
Ali Jane Doran
~Me and you together forever~

Comments

  1. I love his expressions when he talks!
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! I also loved the random head slaps! I can't wait for him to watch this when he gets older, "Mom, take a bideo!"

      Delete
  2. It's so awesome that Zach is following along with Joe and Ali. He is so cute. Love Ali's letter to you....so sweet. I also think the TV off is a wonderful idea. Now if I could do the same thing with my TV and computer I just might accomplish more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I should mention that I am not TV free! I get on the treadmill at about 10pm (so watch a show then). I DVR Brian Williams too... no time to read the paper anymore! :-P

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!