It's Great to be 8, Ali Jane!


Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud- Maya Angelou

 It's hard to believe that it's been 8 years since we first laid eyes on our princess!  She had a great birthday.  Her dad made her chocolate chip (well... chocolate from Hershey bars) pancakes and after, she got to open gifts from us and Grandma.  Grandma got her a barbie with a camera which was very cool and she kept it with her (snapping pictures) all day.
 We got some less exciting things for her including two NON-green leotards... just as cute so hopefully she'll change up her dancing gear.  She even has some new big flowers for her hair so it should work...  Al wanted to go to CJs Brewery for her birthday (one of the many reasons her dad loves her).  Nana, Papa, the Drapal Fam and Auntie Jodi and Uncle Randy came too.
 The next day (Saturday) was her birthday party.  She loaded up the goodie bags for her friends early (which consisted of all things girly and pretty~ flower barrettes, lip gloss, nail polish...).  Her party wasn't until noon and all the kids were so excited that I was glad it wasn't any later.  I think if I heard, "Is it almost time yet?" one more time I may have killed someone...
 This year we had her party at a pool.  I wasn't allowed to take any pictures of the kids in the pool (privacy stuff I guess), but I did get this picture off their website.  The kids had a BLAST!  There was a giant slide that started on the second story and actually went out of the building before coming back into the pool.  Joe and Al both went down it (as did my dad and Jeff).
 Sean had fun too!  He didn't really want to leave the pool, but we did get him out with the lure of pizza.  He wasn't sure how he would eat that pizza with wrinkly fingers though!  The kids gobbled up the pizza and pop and soon it was time for presents!

 The older boys got to invite some friends so two buddies (brothers) from the neighborhood joined us too!  Z of course wore his yellow goggles (which are not really for water but tend to be a regular feature of his wardrobe lately).  Joe got a bit silly with the girls (as they got with him).  They teased that the nail polishes and stuff were perfect for Joe (so of course he teased them right on back... oh the joys of having kids so close in age).

 Right before Al opened presents, I realized I had forgotten her candles!!  Thankfully my wonderful mother ran to the store to get some (as well as a lighter) and made it back just in time for Ali to make her wish!





Overall it was a great day!  I only wish I could have taken pictures of the girls splashing and laughing, remembered the candles so my mom wouldn't have had to run out and remembered to take a group shot of all the girls (I can't believe I forgot that!!)!!  

We were all pretty wiped out when we got home much to the delight of Pele' who slept on his dad without waking him!! I found it funny that our dog, who always makes eye contact, avoided mine when I went over to snap this picture.  I thought it was so funny that I actually let him stay on the couch.  At least someone got all their wishes answered today (it doesn't take much to please Pele').

Comments

  1. All that girl/boy teasing is just the beginning of dating each other's friends! ;) Annie got that camera barbie from Santa, and it was a big hit! Happy Birthday Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 8th Birthday Ali! What a fun party. Sounds like they had a great time swimming.
    Love the picture of Jeff and Pele'. We had a dog that slept like that on my husband all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!