Fun with Cousins!
I am so behind on blogging (which seems to be a trend lately). Last week I was in class all week and then I started a new blog (on how to start a blog) for teachers (and for anyone really!).
Jeff's sister and her family recently moved to the Chicago area (well about an hour from there I guess) and were back in town for a visit. We got to see them twice while they were in Michigan which isn't too bad considering our soccer/ dance/ school etc schedule as of late...
It was a hot day and so it was a great idea that we spend the day in Uncle Jim and Tia Trish's pool with all the cousins! It was wonderful to see them all together (though I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of them ALL together!).
They all got along 'swimmingly' and loved jumping off the diving board and going down the slide. Goose made me laugh because he usually had water-wings and a tube to keep him afloat! We didn't need to worry about him sinking!
At first Sean wanted NOTHING to do with the pool and he spent his time picking up balls (and other things) and throwing them into the pool. He made me a bit nervous at times. I thought he may fall in while reaching to grab something, so I was always at the ready. After a while though he just wanted to swim so it felt like either Jeff and I were always in the pool (which in this heat wasn't a bad thing!).
Uncle Jim and Tia also have a trampoline and it was fun for the Littles to go on together without all the Bigs jumping around them. We had a great time visiting and spending time with Grandma too. We went up a week later for JD's graduation party! (I still can't believe he's that old now.) I didn't take any pictures because we didn't stay too long. There were bees all over the playground outside and Sean (and actually the others too) were getting restless with just sitting and socializing inside. We are looking forward to seeing Grandma again soon. We've been lucky to have quite a few visits with her this summer!
Sounds like your all had a nice time. The pool does look refreshing. Glad they got to spend time with their cousins.
ReplyDeleteMe too! I've been loving all the pools we have visited this summer (and also thankful they aren't mine). We had one at our old house and it was so much work (and $$).
Delete