Our Tiny Dancer

At Dress Rehearsal

Ali had a great year in dance.  After last year's success with ballet, she decided to add tap and tumbling to her busy schedule and when I look at where she started and then to where she is now, I am blown away.  Her tumbling especially is so much better.  Her cartwheels are so much better and she also does them one handed.  She goes into back-bends from standing and is getting much better at hand stands too!  I was able to take video at her rehearsal but for the actual performance, no cameras/videoing were allowed which was actually nice.  I am such a documenter of events that I almost forgot how nice it was to just sit back and take it all in!
I got Ali to her recitial and unlike last year we were right on time and had remembered everything (last year I forgot her ballet shoes! ugh!). She was so excited she took off ahead of me. Nana, Grandma and Auntie Steph came and so did Jeff and Joey. I was excited Joe wanted to go and he actually really liked the show (though it was a long show for him... 3 HOURS!). Ali did so well and Auntie Steph can whistle super loud, which she did when Ali did her tumbling pass and after her numbers.
Backstage with Amber
 Ali has made a lot of friends in dance but usually mentions her friends Amber and Victoria the most (they were also in the dance picture video I did a while back). While we were enjoying the show she got to hang out backstage with her friends.  She let me take a quick picture when I dropped her off but then told me I could go. I guess she doesn't really need her mom around anymore...
 I tried to take some pictures with my phone after the show, but they didn't turn out too great... I should have thought to bring a real camera but like I said, I just sat back and enjoyed the show.  There is such amazing talent at her studio which is one reason I'm sure Ali wants to keep dancing! In just a week, Ali will do her first of two summer dance workshops. She loves it and it is so fun to see her so happy!
Amber and Ali in ballet (Dress Rehearsal)


The above is a video I made of Ali's Dress Rehearsal for Tumbling, Tap, Ballet and the Finale' dance.  You can also see it on YouTube by clicking HERE.

Comments

  1. Great job, Ali! You are a star for sure!! I love all of your outfits and you have some fantastic dance moves!!! I am so sad that I was out of town during your performance. I am especially thankful for this post...I feel like I was there now. Love, Auntie Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is wonderful. Ali is really good! I think she has a nice future of dance ahead of her. I hope she loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!