

It's hard to believe that this was our last full day on vacation. It went by quickly and overall felt like a more relaxed vacation than previous ones we've had. We didn't have a lot of things planned and spent time relaxing and of course a lot of time on the beach. I don't know if that is a bad thing and we are already talking about where we'd like to go for next year's vacation... hmmm... As long as it is warm, we're in!

My dad started joining me (on day 3) on my morning beach walks because he hurt his leg running. It was nice walking with him. On this last walk of our's, we went further than our usual four miles because we were so busy talking. My dad isn't a big reader and I was giving him the run-down of the Hunger Games books I had been reading. It was fun and just like I teach in school, discussing the book really made me think about it and remember details I would have otherwise dismissed. We came across a lot of Jelly Fish on our walk and wondered what happens to them... does someone come and get them? I wasn't about to touch them, but I did take a picture of course!

After all us grown-ups got some exercise in, we loaded up the kids and went to the aquarium. It was nice, but we all agreed that the one in Tennessee was better (which was strange since we were so close to the ocean). Us grown-ups decided too that this would be our last aquarium for a while... it was neat, but perhaps we should have gone somewhere totally different. The kids loved it though so who knows what next year will bring.

There was one thing that was different about this aquarium. It had a mini dinosaur exhibit. I thought this a bit strange but the Bigs really liked it. When we first walked in there was this very large, realistic-looking, moving, T-Rex. Sean completely flipped out (and we thought he was afraid of sharks...)! He was shaking like a leaf and has his little legs wrapped around me so hard that I can only imagine the little workout his thighs were getting!

I didn't make him suffer too long and soon we were out again to look at the fish. Seeing the fish made him feel better and he didn't seem too afraid of the sharks that swam overhead (either that or he didn't really see them... I don' t know). I do love looking at the fish though. It was a similar set up (as TN) that had a moving conveyer belt that you stood on to see the fish. I do love this idea because everyone moves at the same pace. Sean still wouldn't stand by himself but at least he wasn't shaking so much.

We finally got him in his stroller, but still he insisted on holding someone's hand (which I thought was cute). We were out of the aquarium before 1:00 which was great because that was when our beloved Tigers were playing (opening day) so Jeff and my dad were anxious to get back to see the game. They took the kids and my mom and I went SHOPPING! Don't worry... I got updated texts about the game.

My mom and I hit some fun outlet-like stores in North Myrtle Beach and we parked near a car with eyelashes! I thought it was so cute! If Jeff and I didn't switch cars, I would totally get some for my car (but we do switch cars, so I won't...). I got some really cute dresses that were just my style (and CHEAP!). My mom found some things too, so it was a great day. We went and got Al a new bathing suit (since her old one seemed a bit small) and so she could use it to swim in the evening.

Unfortunately, the heaven's opened and we knew there would be no swimming. The biggest bummer was this was the night that Jeff and I got to go on our 'kidless date'. Usually my folks watch the kids on our anniversary and we go out, but this year we just missed our anniversary so we saved our date for our last night of vacation. The rain was a bummer but we got to eat at a place called Pier 14 where we still had a great view of the ocean and it was nice to spend time with just the two of us.

Some service men came in so Jeff went over to buy their drinks for them and thank them for their service. The bartender was surprised by this (which made us a bit sad). After dinner we checked out a little gift shop off the pier and hoped the rain would die down a little so we could (at least) get a break when we went back to our car. We had no such luck, so snapped one quick blurry picture and made a dash for it. It's hard to believe it's been 11 years! What a wonderful adventure it's been. I'd say we're pretty lucky!
Very sweet to buy the service men drinks. It's very sad that the bartender was surprised. You would think more people would be doing it! Glad you got out for your date. Love the eyelashes on that car, I have to look into that one! Sounds like a nice day except for the rain. Glad you had such a nice trip.
ReplyDelete