I got to be a mom!

I absolutely love what I do (I'm talking about the job I get paid for), but there are certain occupational hazards that come with being a teacher... AND being a mom. I miss my kids' school parties and other events that may happen during the day and I have NEVER been able to see Ali's tumbling class because after I get done with work, grab the Littles and hurry home, Jeff is already back from dropping Al off. Last Wednesday though, I got a special treat... I got to be a mom!
I was driving to school and I noticed that the lights by my school were out. I got a message from a friend and sure enough, our school had no power. I was PRAYING that school would get called because I knew that after school Ali had tumbling and the window was OPEN! My prayers were answered! They called school. We had to wait in the dark (and cold) a couple hours to make sure that all the parents were contacted and the children picked up and then we were free to leave.
The moment I got home, I went straight to my computer to see if there was any way I could get into Ali's class to read (I always take off September 15th, so have been to Joe's class before). When I got the green light, I was over the moon and Ali's face lit up when she saw me. She was doubly excited when she found out I could see her tumble! I also got to give her a kiss before she went to tap (yes, she still lets me kiss her in public, unlike her big brother).
She did a great job and I was really proud of how far she has come. Most of all, I was proud just to be her mom.

Comments

  1. Hooray for the power failure! So glad you got to see Ali in person. Just look at that smile on her face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for you. My work sucks and I am out of time to take off. I want nothing more then to go spend a day in school with my two boys and be a Mom. Luckily I get vacation time back in 10 days and then I am taking a vacation day from work to go help out at school!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!