Joey (A Wednesday Walk)

I always worry that I will forget the little funny things our kids say (which is why I write much of what they say here). Of course, this blog was after Joe and Al were first learning to talk and much of what they did and said at those ages I have forgotten. Yesterday (thanks to facebook and my niece Mary), I was reminded of a three year old Joey and it made me smile. Mary and the rest of the Dorans had been talking at dinner about something Joey had said, "And then they took the baby Jesus and THREW him in the river!" Yes, Joe had his babies mixed up but it was cute just the same but it triggered in me something else that Joe used to do/say.

When he was little, Joe used to refer to any crosses as "God" (much like Sean refers to them as 't'). Any time we would pass a church with a large cross he would say, "Look there is a big God!" If he saw someone with a cross necklace he would say, "There is a little God!"

Joe found crosses and saw them everywhere and in everything... Telephone Poles, Window Panes, Writing ( the letter t). Much like he would call out the colors of cars going b,y he would also report to us all the "Gods" he saw. Near our house there is a church with a large white cross on it and every time we would drive by it he would say, "Look! It's a big, white God!"

Needless to say, I realized we needed to have a conversation about the cross and symbolism.

Comments

  1. That is the sweetest story.
    I hope this comment goes through. I want you to know that I have had issues on a few blogs and yours has been one of them. I either can't open the post at all or after I hit publish the page disappears and I can't go back to it.
    Just wanted you to know I am reading all of them. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I JUST noticed that blogger must have changed its comments on here because now there is a place where I can reply to you comments right on here instead of via email... I am so behind in blogging right now. Hoping to catch up soon!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had been blogging when Kyndra was little to document things. It can be easy to forget all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... And I have the WORST memory!! :-P

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!