The Goose

I sometimes feel like I wish I had a tape recorder on me at all times- or at least my journal (but I have problems keeping track of purses as you may recall- so keeping a journal in one would never really work).
As difficult as my mornings can be- (getting everyone up and moving in the morning and then dropping the Littles at school before I finally get to my classroom)- I do enjoy my drives with my Little passengers- namely my silly goose.
The other day I was talking to Z and I called him "Goosey" (which is quite common for me) and for some reason I asked him, "Z, do you like it when I call you Goose" and he said, "No." So then I asked him why and he said, "Because I am not a duck, I am a boy!"
I laughed and I tried to explain to him about the term "Silly Goose" and that it doesn't really mean you are a Goose- but more that you are silly and funny.
Thankfully he decided that his old mom could keep calling him Goose (good thing because habits are hard to break and you can't teach old dogs new tricks).
*And while praying tonight, he went through everyone he knows including Laura. "Mom, that's your other name... just so ya know!"

Comments

  1. This is such a cute photo :). My almost-three year old ALWAYS corrects me when I call her a little muffin, or a little kitten, or whatever. It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so darn cute. I'm glad he will let you continue to call him silly goose! Hopefully he won't be calling you Laura very often.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!