My Middles


I will often go to bed after tucking in the kids only to find them moments later in our bed... usually with a book... usually no where near tired. A few nights ago such was the case and Ali Jane came in to tell me that she forgot to show me an invitation she had received for a birthday party. Moments later she was joined by Z with a book (It didn't matter that we had already been there- done that for the night- We clearly have another book lover in the family).
I looked at the invitation and noticed that the party was on April 16th. April 16th also happens to be the date of the Littles' school's Easter Egg Hunt and more importantly... Z's birthday!
I mentioned this to Ali Jane and without a moment's hesitation she said, "Oh Z. Nikki and Sammie are going to be so sad when I can't come to their party but they will understand that you are my brother and I just love you to much. I can't miss YOUR birthday!"
My mouth about dropped to the floor and I quickly picked up my camera (always at arm's length) to document the tender moment. As I grabbed my camera the conversation went on (or actually Ali's voice kept going on- it doesn't usually stop for long), "Zach! I can't wait to jump at your party! We are going to have so much fun at Pump It Up! I am probably going to be the only girl there huh? That's OK though (little laugh) I'm used to being the only girl."
(There went my moment...) That's when I interrupted... "Um... Al... We're not going to Pump It Up... We're probably just having a family party here." Suddenly chatty Ali turned a little quiet and I was really worried we may hear from Ila. I could almost hear her talking it over with herself in her mind. She tried to convince Z that Pump It Up would be a swell place for a party but when I asked him what he wanted to do, he said he just wanted to have a party at his house (That's my boy! Let's keep it simple until at least kindergarten... I do have two more years!)!
And Ali stopped... assessed the information... planned her next move carefully...
"You know mom, I bet we could have Z's party later in the day... and that way I can celebrate both Sammie and Nikki's and Zach's!"
And since it was Ali that made the suggestion and not Ila, I bet we could... so my day will probably look as follows: Up early to decorate etc then to Easter Egg Hunt then to Chuck E. Cheese (my least favorite place) then to home where I pray the Tornado (aka Sean) will have not messed up my house prior to Z's party...
OK~ I am getting tired just thinking of it so may have to put that idea to bed for a while (or at least put me to bed). As for the Middles, they got in some good laughs, some good hugs and yes some good stories (and my amazing reader Ali Jane did the honors).

Comments

  1. The sweetest things come out of your childrens mouths. They are so kind and caring .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!